Shamanic Healing and Kore Teachings Institute
We at Shakti are dedicated to helping people navigate the delicate world of Intuitive and Healing Energies.
As Shamanic Practitioners, we embrace many facets of total Mind/ Body/ Spirit Awakening, Transformation and Clarity.
We have each undergone extensive training in the art of Shamanism, and we each present a specific Ray of Education and Healing to our students.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS REIKI?
- What is Reiki? Reiki is a system of healing that uses the ancient healing energies all around us that come from Nature and Spirit - the practitioner channels these healing forces into the person's body.
- Why get a Reiki treatment? Reiki has been known to influence every area of discomfort a person can have; be it in body, mind or spirit. Reiki recharges your batteries and encourages your body to heal; which in turn can help with emotions like depression and anxiety as well as help your mind feel free, refocused and at peace.
- How long does a treatment take? A typical treatment is a full hour, but treatments can be offered for half an hour as well. People who have received Reiki say sometimes they feel the effects for 2-4 weeks.
- Can anyone learn Reiki? YES! Reiki must be taught; the channel is available inside each person, but it must be turned on my someone who is already a Reiki master. Because the healing energy comes from natural forces, anyone can access it, once the channel is open! Opening the channel is called the "attunement" - see description at the bottom of the Reiki section on this page. Since we all come from nature, we can all utilize that which it offers.
Reiki healing sessions are offered at SHAKTI by Aidan Clowes; by appointment.
Reiki classes are taught by all practitioners at SHAKTI. Students will receive certification in each level of Reiki as completed (see description below).
Reiki I: Become initiated into Reiki - learn the history including the great teachers, take a journey to find your Reiki spirit guide, learn self-healing. Taught in one day. $150 pp.
Reiki II: Learn symbols of Reiki and how to use them, learn how to do long distance healing, & learn how to offer Reiki to others. Taught in one day, plus an evening. $225 pp.
Reiki III: Learn master level Reiki symbols & how to use them, learn healing for ancestors, learn how to teach Reiki to others. Taught in two days, plus ongoing interactions with the teacher as directed. $500 pp.
(Special fees are offered for students who commit to more than one level at a time; talk with SHAKTI teachers directly about these offers).
The Reiki Attunement is a process of energetically opening the energy fields that exist in your body to recognize the flow of Reiki, thereby allowing you to connect to the Reiki that exists in nature / our universe and bring it to you. When you are attuned to level II & III, Reiki flows through you and into another, just like water going from a river, through a pipe and into a another body of water. When you are attuned to level I, you are bringing the healing energy to yourself.
WHAT IS A SHAMANIC HEALING SESSION?
A Shamanic Healing Session uses Reiki as it's base for a healing foundation. However, the difference is that a Shamanic Practitioner will use other systems to facilitate a deeper integration of your healing needs.
- What are my deeper healing needs? Trauma on any level can cause your spirit to fragment. A Shamanic Healing session will seek to reintegrate your fragmented spirit.
- Past Life Karma: It is not uncommon for a person to have unfinished business from a past life. Persistent, reoccurring troubles can often be the result of such unfinished business. The Practitioner will seek this find out, do the necessary steps to heal it, and help you to integrate so that you have a fresh start within this life time.
WHAT IS A LIFE PATH READING?
- More than a Tarot Reading, a Life Path Reading will include a more in-depth look at your overall well-being from a Shamanic Perspective.
- People who receive a Life Path Reading feel more grounded in their choices, have more perspective about work, loved ones and their own path in life.
- Life path readings are offered by Sharon Wilsie, Shamanic Teacher, Master Psychic, and Reiki Master with a unique deck of cards that she was initiated into by spirit & shaman guides & by Supriya Shanti, Master Psychic, Psychotherapist, and Reiki Master via mediumship / channeling information from greater spirit & your spirit guides.
What is psychotherapy, at SHAKTI?
Provided by clinical social worker, master psychic, & Reiki master, Supriya Shanti, psychotherapy sessions are offered on an ongoing basis, at a sliding scale rate. Supriya can be reached through further information on the "contact" page.
- This style of psychotherapy embraces the whole of you, focusing on assisting you to find the truths that exist within your own being and allowing you to express these truths with confidence.
- Some areas of specialty include exploring & healing relationship to self and others, increasing self-esteem & self-worth, finding acceptance of what is, while changing patterns that are destructive or just don't work anymore; reducing anxiety, obsessive thoughts, emotional numbness, and healing from abuse/trauma and addiction.
SHAKTI, 24 Flat Street, Suite, 201, Brattleboro VT 05301 ~ Open Daily by Appointment